The Ataxia of Charlevoix-Saguenay Foundation is counting on your generosity and asks for your support in continuing medical research on Ataxia.

A tax receipt will be issued for any donation.
The Foundation is a charitable organisation registered with Canada Revenue Agency and Revenue Québec (registration number# 856980321 RR0001).

Make a Donation

To make a donation, please print the attached form, fill in the information, and return it with your cheque.

If you live outside Canada and you want to support the research, please send a cheque in your local currency by mail to the Foundation.

Raise funds for the research

We encourage you also to approach your family members, your friends and colleagues to raise funds for the research.

To support your effort, the Foundation has produced a brochure explaining the disorder, the research project and a donation form is included.
To obtain some brochures, please contact the Ataxia Charlevoix-Saguenay Foundation at (514) 370-3625 or email:

In Memoriam Donation

An In Memoriam donation is a donation to honour the memory of a loved one, at the request of the deceased person or at the request of the family.

In the orbituary, you may invite family and friends to make an In Memoriam donation. Once we receive your donation, we can send to the grieving family a condolence card indicating that you have made an In Memoriam donation to the Foundation.

Please fill out the In Memoriam donation form and return it with your cheque. In Memoriam Donation Form

Planned Donations

In their will, a person will leave a certain amount of money or a work of art or a property to the Ataxia of Charlevoix-Saguenay Foundation.

Will donation

A planned donation could be a certain amount of cash, or shares or some goods. While taking advantage of some tax benefits, you contribute to the development of a cure for the Ataxia.

Donation of shares

Donations of publicly traded securities or mutual funds to charitable organisations are exempted from capital gains tax. Therefore you can save on your taxes while supporting the research.

To make a donation of shares, you have to transfer (via your stockbroker) your shares to the Foundation. Then, you (or your stockbroker) have to inform the Foundation of the title transfer.

Thank you for your generosity.